the Trauma service.
The Mercy System is the sixth largest Catholic health care system in the U.S. and serves more than 3 million people annually. Mercy includes 33 hospitals, nearly 300 outpatient facilities, 38,000 co-worker and 1,700 integrated physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy Clinic is a strong, physician-led and professionally managed integrated health care system.
We are offering a very competitive compensation and benefit package including:
• A sophisticated medical community located 2.5 and 3 hours south and southwest of Kansas City and St. Louis, respectively
• Named one of the 20 “Best Places to Live and Work in the U.S. by Employment Review
• Consistently rated one of the top quality of life communities in the nation by Money Magazine
• Features a large state university, performing arts center, top quality schools, low crime and a low cost of living
• An abundance of outdoor recreational activities: hiking, camping and hunting
• Six area lakes and natural streams provide for water sports and excellent fishing
In addition to Trauma, the group covers General Surgery and Burns and provides Critical Care on their own patients. The group practices at Mercy Hospital Springfield, an 866-bed facility which is a state verified (both MO and AR) Level I Trauma Center. The hospital also has a 9 bed Burn Unit which is the only Burn Unit in the region. The hospital sees over 98,000 patients in the ED and admits approximately 2800 Trauma patients with 300 pediatric and 300 burn patients per year. The Trauma service serves a population of over 1 million. The catchment area which is serviced by 5 IFR rated Mercy helicopters which are strategically placed throughout area. A full range of medical services are provided with the exception of Transplantation. The Medical staff and Administration are extremely supportive of the Trauma service and are committed to providing exceptional trauma and burn care. When fully staffed, the typical group rotation is two weeks on and one week off with one in three weekend call. Six physician assistants form an integral part of the Trauma service.
Todd Vandewalker, MHA, FASPR
Mercy Physician Talent Selection
1965 S. Fremont, Suite 200
Springfield, MO 65804